- Windows 8
- LG WebOS
- Nokia Symbian
- BlackBerry 5.x+
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7 and 8
- Firefox OS
- Ubuntu Touch
1. Developers need not to have any native experience, intermediate web development knowledge will be enough.
3. Applications developed using PhoneGap works on different mobile platforms like Windows, iOS and Android.
4. One can access many native features like geolocation, compass, notification, camera, accelerometer, media and storage.
5. Portability i.e. app developed for android can be easily ported to another platform by transferring the code.
6. If user wants all UI of application in HTML then PhoneGap paired with a mobile web library, such as Sencha Touch or jQuery Mobile is a great option.
1. Native development is best for building game or app that needs high graphical performance.
2. Developers must think about the buttons they are going to use. There is back button in android devices while in iOS one need to develop this in the application.
To epitomize, I must say that PhoneGap is a simple and affordable toolkit for developing cross platform mobile apps. It is best suited for developing apps that do not use the native features of Smartphones.